Our cardiac rehabilitation team is committed to helping you return to the highest level of heart health and overall wellbeing.
Cardiac Rehabilitation (Cardiac Rehab) is a program dedicated to patients who have had a cardiac-related event, providing individualized support throughout recovery. The program is overseen by our team of cardiovascular specialists who work with you and your primary physician to develop a safe and personalized plan as you move forward in your recovery after a cardiac-related event. Each program is designed to meet your specific needs and may last from six weeks to more than a year depending on your level of required care.
Your program may include:
- Exercise: You will exercise under the supervision of our cardiovascular specialists, following a plan that gradually increases the intensity over time to improve your heart health and overall wellness.
- Nutrition Counseling: You will meet with one of our registered dietitians to learn about nutrition and how to maintain a heart-healthy diet.
- Education/Support: You will receive continuous education and support from our team to help you through your recovery and beyond. We provide education that focuses on reducing your risk for future cardiac-related events and improving your overall health and well-being.
- Occupational therapy: You will work with one of our occupational therapists to regain your strength and confidence as you prepare to resume your normal daily activities.
Patients who graduate from cardiac rehab will have the opportunity to attend a 60-day Physician Referred Exercise Program (PREP) to further assist with the transition back to an active lifestyle through the Inspira Fitness Connection.
Is Cardiac Rehab Right for Me?
You may be a candidate for Cardiac Rehab if you have or have had the following:
- Chest pain/Blockage in the arteries
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart surgery such as coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) or valve repair/replacement
- Heart transplant
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Stent placement
Benefits of Cardiac Rehab include:
- Decreased risk of a future cardiac events
- Improved cardiac and respiratory function
- Increased endurance and strength
- Enhanced performance of daily activities, leisure activities, and recreational activities
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved management of blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
- Reduced levels of anxiety and depression
- Improved over well-being
Talk to your doctor today to see if cardiac rehab is right for you. Cardiac rehab is covered by most insurance plans and co-pays may be necessary. A physician referral is required to participate.
To learn more, call 833-SJHEART (833-754-3278) and choose option 3.
Cardiac Rehab Locations:
- Inspira Medical Center Elmer
501 West Front Street
Elmer, NJ 08318
- Inspira Medical Center Vineland
1505 West Sherman Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08360
- Inspira Medical Center Woodbury
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
17 West Red Bank Avenue, Suite 301
Woodbury, NJ 08096
- Inspira Medical Center Elmer
About Cardiac Partners
Cardiac Partners at Cooper and Inspira is the largest cardiac program in the region, offering an unmatched range of today’s most advanced cardiac care with a network of more than 65 specialists – right here in South Jersey.